All new students of Redeemers University are by this notice informed that they are required to get the following ready for the resumption of academic activities for the 2023/2024 session as approved by the management of the university.
APPROVED LIST OF ITEMS FOR FRESH STUDENTS Fresh students are expected to resume with the following items:
1. Pillow/bed sheet / duvet
2. Water Bucket / bowl
3. Mopping Stick / Bucket
4. Electric Thermostat Kettle (Not more than 1500 watt)
5. Electric Pressing Iron (Not more than 1500 watt)
6. Personal Provisions (beverages, cereals, etc.)
7. Decent dresses that conform with the University Dress Code
8. All documents (originals & photocopies) as attached to your admission letter
They should note, however, that the following items are prohibited and having them amounts to serious misconduct.
1. Medication of any kind
2. Addictive substance of any kind
3. Boiling Ring
4. Rice Cooker / Hot Plate
5. Noodles / Pasta
6. Trousers by Female Students – (However, joggers are permitted for sports on Saturdays)
7. Multi-Colored Jeans / Torn / Crazy Jeans
8. Necklace / Earrings / Rings by Male Students
9. Multiple ear piercings
10. Nose / other piercings asides the ear
The Universityattaches great importance to modest and good dressing. Our students will be encouraged to develop and imbibe a personal lasting philosophy of dressing and grooming in conformity with the University values.
DRESS CODE FOR MALE STUDENTS
1. All male students should be appropriately dressed for University activities and occasions. They must be corporately dressed during special occasions which include lectures, matriculation, special ceremonies, Founder’s Day, convocation, public lectures, church services and examinations. To be corporately dressed connotes a shirt and necktie, a pair of trousers, with or without a jacket, and a pair of covered shoes. Every student dressing in western attire must wear a neck tie to match. The tie knot must be pulled up to the top button of the shirt.
2. At all times wearing of long-sleeved shirts, without buttoning the sleeves is not allowed.
a. Flying of shirts collars is prohibited.
b. Shirts must be properly tucked into the trousers.
Wearing of the following items (clothing and shoes, etc) is strictly prohibited:
a. Scarves, braided hair or earrings in the University.
b. Pulling down of one’s trousers to the hip line.
c. Piercing of any part of the body.
d. Tattooing on any part of the body.
e. Bangles, rings of any kind, hand and leg chains.
f. Face-caps except for sports and other related events.
3. Male students may wear African traditional attires on Fridays and weekends.
4. Traditional dresses may be worn with leather slippers or half shoes.
5. Students are to have well cut hair that is combed regularly. When they wear
beard, it must be neat and well-kept.
6. Male students may wear jeans with covered shoes only. The jeans must be of one colour, not frail at the edges, not torn at any part or patched.
7. Jeans, if worn, must be with proper shoes (not with canvas or sandals).
8. Male students may wear French suits.
9. All male students are expected to wear covered shoes to the University Chapel, examinations and University assembly except when wearing traditional dresses.
10. Wearing of slippers and half shoes is not allowed within the University premises from 6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. on Mondays to Thursdays.
11. Wearing of T-shirt is only allowed for sporting activities and on weekends when there are no official University activities.
12. Dressing is not complete without the wearing and displaying of identity card.
13. No student should walk around the hostel without wearing a pair of trousers or shorts and a normal shirt or T-shirt.
DRESS CODE FOR FEMALE STUDENTS
1. All female students must be corporately dressed during special occasions, which include lectures, public lectures, special ceremonies, matriculation, convocation and examination. To be corporately dressed means a smart skirt suit, a dress shirt on a smart skirt or a smart dress with a pair of covered shoes.
2. All dresses and skirts must be three (3) inches BELOW THE KNEES.
3. Wearing of the following items (clothing and shoes) is strictly prohibited:
• Sleeveless dresses or dresses with very tiny singlet – like straps (spaghetti strap) without a jacket.
• Strapless blouses.
• Dropping shawls or scarves over sleeveless dresses or dresses with very tiny singlet-like strap (spaghetti strap) in the lecture and examination halls and the University environment.
• Over-clinging clothing, including body hugs, hip stand and any clothing made from stretchy and elastic material.
• Revealing blouses, especially low-cut blouses, ordinary transparent dresses and blouses that do not cover the navel.
• Shoes that make noise such as stiletto shoes in the lecture and examination halls and the University environment.
• Trousers of any kind.
• Blouses that reveal parts of the underwear and the back while seated.
• Bangles, rings of any kind, hand and leg chains.
• The use of face-caps except for sports.
• Painting of any part of the body, wearing artificial nails and having long nails.
• Wearing of bolero tops on sleeveless, spaghetti, boob-tube, alter-neck and monostrap.
1. Slippers and half-shoes are confined to the halls except when wearing traditional dresses.
2. Pyjamas, night dress or gown is restricted to the same floor within the hostel.
3. Female students are advised to wear hairstyles that are neat and becoming of a decent and joyful Redeemer’s University student. Coloured hair and coloured attachments are strictly prohibited. Attachment when used should be moderate in length not exceeding the level of the shoulders.
4. Earrings and necklaces may be used by female students provided they are not extravagant types. Not more than one earring must be worn in each ear.
5. Female students may wear low sandals or covered corporate shoes.
6. Track suits, tennis shoes or sneakers should only be worn for sports activities.
7. Piercing of any part of the body, other than the ear (for earrings) is strictly prohibited.
8. Clothing and jewellery that do not conform to the prescribed dress code will be confiscated.
9. Skirts must be worn with slips underneath.
10. Female students may wear traditional African attires only on Fridays and weekends.
11. Traditional African dresses must be worn with leather slippers or half shoes
12. Wearing of T-shirt is only allowed for sporting activities and on weekends when there are no official University activities.
13. Female students may wear jeans skirt or gown with cover shoes or sandals only. The jeans must be of one colour, clean, not frail at the edges, not torn at any part and patched.
14. No students should move from one block to another or go to any office within the hostel without being properly dressed.
15. Dressing is not complete without the wearing and displaying of identity card.
COMPLIANCE BY EXAMPLE IS THE COLLECTIVE RESPONSIBILITY OF
STAFF AND STUDENTS
If you like this story, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest ETC. also don't forget to leave a Reply, we would very MUCH appreciate Your Comments On This Post Below. Thanks!
Comments, Pictures and culled stories posted on this website will be given due credit and is not the fault of Solutionfans.com if they are given original credit from site culled from. If you have a complaint or a story, Please Send To Us Via [email protected]